Scholarhip Guide Survey
Terms & Conditions
1. Scholarship Guide Giveaway contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions, and accompanying Contest Details (collectively the “Terms”).
2. Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood this document and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
3. The Organiser of Contests is Scholarship Guide Pte Ltd
4. (“Organiser”) which shall be solely responsible for the execution and administration of this Contest.
5. Entrants may enter the contest via the online form(s) provided, by SMS, or any means as detailed in the giveaway offer, to Scholarship Guide to enter the giveaway contest.
6. Mobile phone or internet access charges or other third party connectivity charges may apply. In entering this Contest, all entrants are deemed to have the permission of the person paying such third party charges.
7. Contests shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated time frame as stated in the Contest Details.
8. Contests are only open to all legal residents of Singapore.
9. Entrants must be a minimum of fourteen (14) years of age or over at the date of entry.
10. The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees (and immediate family) of Organiser and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest.
11. All personal details submitted must be accurate and complete and are subject to proof upon request by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entry not submitted in accordance with these Terms or which tampers with the entry process.
12. Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, incorrect entries or any entry that violates the Terms of Usage or rules for entry, will automatically be disqualified.
13. Entries received after the Closing Date will be disqualified.
14. The Organiser will not accept any responsibility for SMS or PM entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. The Organiser shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the Contest. Winners of campaign are based on random selection of valid entries received. Winners will be posted in Scholarship Guide publication and/or website.
15. Generally, entrants may submit only one (1) entry per contest, unless stated otherwise in the published contest details. In the event of repeat submissions, duplicates will be removed except for one.
16. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entry that Organiser believes has been made (a) via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
17. If the contest requires judging, the Organiser’s appointed judges will select the winners from amongst
all eligible and/or correctly-answered entries (each referred to as a “Winner”) by random selection. The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
18. In the event that the Organiser cannot for any reason obtain the Winner’s acknowledgement within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at Organiser’s sole discretion.
19. The Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at any time, where the Organiser has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.20. The
Organiser reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit.
21. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control, the Organiser is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organisers’ sole discretion.
22. A Prize may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the prize supplier. More details on the collection of the Prize will be given to the respective Winner(s) at a later stage.
23. Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute consent on the Winner’s part (including Winner’s companion’s part, as the case may be), to allow the use of the Winner’s (and Winner’s companion’s) entry, names, images, video footage, voices and/or likeness by the Organiser for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other
purposes, without further compensation, in any media for an unlimited period of time, except where prohibited by law.
24. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of the Organiser by each Winner (and/or their companions) from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner (and/or their companions) may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner (and/or their companions) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
25. The Organiser shall not be held liable for (i) any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the Winners under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized agents, suppliers of the Prize(s), including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or (ii) from any loss, damage to property, injury, or death resulting from or related to entrant’s participation or inability to participate in this Contest, or the use, misuse or inability to use the Prize or any portion thereof.
26. The Organisers reserve the right to terminate the Contest or to modify the Contest rules and Terms prior to the Closing Date by amending the rules and Terms hereof at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such modifications shall be notified via the Contest Website, and such modifications shall be immediately effective and apply to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organiser.
27. For avoidance of doubt, Entrants must provide personal data via SMS, email, forms, or online forms, in order to participate in giveaway contests. By voluntarily providing the Organiser with personal details, the entrant has voluntarily initiated a communications relationship with Scholarship Guide and has deemed consent to receive information, such as, but not limited to Winner Notifications, from Scholarship Guide through SMS, email, or another other forms of communications. By initiating contact with the Organiser through SMS, Entrants have deemed consent for the Organiser to contact them via SMS or telephone calls for future notifications regardless of whether the Entrant’s number is listed on Singapore’s “Do Not Call” Registry or not.
28. Any queries regarding the Contest should specify the name of the Contest and be addressed to [email protected] These Rules (“the Rules”) apply to Scholarship Guide Survey 2020 Edition (“the Survey”) / Prize Draw (“the Prize Draw”) by Scholarship Guide Pte Ltd (“SGPL”). By participating in the Survey / the Prize Draw organised by SGPL, you (“the participant”) agree to accept the below Official Rules.